« Home | Damn Good Cornbread » | VwaV Seitan » | Thursday Menu 2/16 - Gobetti All'Arrabbiata » | Wednesday Menu 2/15 - Seitan and Cornbread » | Tuesday Menu 2/14 - Chocolates! » | Monday Menu 2/13 » | Sunday Menu 2/12 - Home Fries and Sushi » | Progress Report / Kitty Blogging » | Saturday Menu 2/11 - Baked Aporridgy » | Baked Aporridgy »

BBQ Seitan and Things I Want To Make

Re: BBQ Seitan - unfortunately there is no real recipe. I just threw some stuff together in a pan, which is pretty much how I cook unless I'm following a recipe. This particular BBQ Seitan was just red onions and slices of seitan sauteed in a pan with a little oil, then coated with BBQ sauce and cooked for a few more minutes until everything was nice and brown. So really the only reason it's called BBQ Seitan is because it has BBQ sauce on it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.



At any given time I want to make about 40 different things. But I've been pondering what to try out within the next week or so, and here's the short list. Because I love any excuse to make a list.

Crusty Whole Wheat Italian Bread
General Tao's Tofu with seitan instead of tofu
Almond-Crusted Tempeh with Strawberry-Mango Salsa from The Vegetarian Meat and Potatoes Cookbook
Coconut Heaven Cupcakes from Vegan with a Vengeance
"Pork BBQ" type sandwiches with seitan instead of tortured pig

I think I might start making a list like this every week - it's a good way to make sure I try new things. And that way I can make sure I have the ingredients on hand when I finally do get around to trying them out.

Tao's tofu, crusted tempeh and cococnut heaven cupcakes are all on my list too~
And I have some extra spending cash this week, woohoo.

I'll probably only get to the General Tao's this weekend, unfortunately. I've wanted to make those cupcakes forever, but The Boy hates coconut so it'll pretty much just be me eating them. Which is absolutely not a good idea.

The almond-crusted tempeh just sounds so ridiculously good, doesn't it?

Almond crusted sounds amazing. The Candle Cafe cookbook has recipes for cornmeal crusted tempeh and pecan crusted seitan that I want to try, and I don't even like seitan.

Ooh, I want to try those as well. I've never made anything from Candle Cafe - everything has like 60 ingredients - but I pull it out and oogle occasionally.

Post a Comment