« Home | BBQ Seitan and Things I Want To Make » | Damn Good Cornbread » | VwaV Seitan » | Thursday Menu 2/16 - Gobetti All'Arrabbiata » | Wednesday Menu 2/15 - Seitan and Cornbread » | Tuesday Menu 2/14 - Chocolates! » | Monday Menu 2/13 » | Sunday Menu 2/12 - Home Fries and Sushi » | Progress Report / Kitty Blogging » | Saturday Menu 2/11 - Baked Aporridgy »

Friday Menu 2/17

Breakfast
About half of a really gross, mealy Fuji apple and a piece of cornbread. I'm not very good at picking out apples - I think that's going to be The Boy's job from now on. He's got skillz in that department.

After discovering that my apple was bad, I took the next logical step and ate 2 pieces of chocolate. Strawberry and lemon creme. When the box is gone there will be no more chocolate for breakfast, I promise.

Snack
The last two pieces of chocolate. A vanilla creme and another hazelnut thing. There, it's done. The danger has passed. INTO MY TUMMY. Seriously, I don't know what it is about these things. I can handle cookies. I haven't touched those Smacker things. I've had a bar of Maya Gold in the cupboard for a few weeks and I haven't even unwrapped it. But these things are like little nuggets of crack. Ugh.

Lunch
Sweet and sour seitan stir-fry and leftover sushi rice. Very easy, very tasty. I am seriously in love with this seitan. If there was a Church of Isa I would worship at it. In fact, I'm not sure why there isn't. Let's get on that, vegans.


Dinner
Baked beans and cornbread. I didn't feel like cooking anything after work.

Snack
Baby carrots.
2 fudge-mint cookies.

Love the photos...Isa is totally my vegan muse. Heidi at 101cookbooks.com is my vegetarian muse. I want to BE them!
Quick question(s): how long have you been vegan, and when you decided to make the jump, was it gradual or cold turkey?

I've been vegan for just over a year; I was lacto-ovo vegetarian for 9 years before that. The transition was kind of unconsciously gradual, but the decision was cold turkey. I stopped drinking milk years ago because I just don't like the taste, and I never liked eggs to begin with. I'd thought about going vegan for a long time, but there was cheese to consider. So when I noticed my cheese consumption declining of its own accord, I decided to join Team Vegan. And then just like that animal products were pretty much dead to me. It was much easier than I thought it would be, and it's one decision that I've never regretted.

Post a Comment