« Home | Sunday Menu 2/5 » | Saturday Menu 2/4 » | Friday Menu 2/3 - White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup » | VwaV Corn Chowder » | Thursday Menu 2/2 » | Wednesday Menu 2/1 » | Favorite Food Meme » | Tuesday Menu 1/31 » | Monday Menu 1/30 » | Greek-Style Green Beans »

Monday Menu 2/6 - Spicy Peanut Noodles and Dumplings

Breakfast
Oatmeal made with soymilk, flax, and maple syrup.

Lunch
Red Lentil Dhal, a piece of naan, red grapes, and a clementine.

Snack
A chocolate macadmia nut cookie. My ability to chew is slowly returning, so this went fine until the very end when I got overconfident and tried to finish it off in one big hunk. Bad idea. I have to say, these keep really well. They're 8 days old now, and while the texture isn't quite as nice as it was when they were fresh, they're still damn tasty.

Dinner
Spicy Peanut Noodles and two steamed vegetable dumplings. This was my first time eating soba noodles, and may I just say yum? Because I feel the need to say yum now. The dumplings were okay - they're frozen, purchased from an Asian grocery store. I keep trying to find something as delicious as the dumplings I had in Chinatown during a horrendous school trip to DC, but so far nothing has approached them. These are the closest yet, though. I think pan-frying them would help - steaming gave the shell a kind of gelatinous texture. I'd make the noodles again in a heartbeat, though - that recipe is going into the regular rotation.