« Home | Saturday Menu 2/4 » | Friday Menu 2/3 - White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup » | VwaV Corn Chowder » | Thursday Menu 2/2 » | Wednesday Menu 2/1 » | Favorite Food Meme » | Tuesday Menu 1/31 » | Monday Menu 1/30 » | Greek-Style Green Beans » | Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies »

Sunday Menu 2/5

Breakfast
Banana-mango-pineapple smoothie with flax.

Lunch
Red grapes, a clementine, and a chocolate Earth Ball. Not much of a lunch, but I was late for work and I'm not really stocked with foods for people who can't chew or fit things larger than 1/2'' in their mouths. I managed this stuff just fine, though, with the exception of the Earth Ball which, before I broke it into smaller pieces, almost made me cry.

Snack
About a tablespoon of chocolate chips. I can just suck on 'em until they dissolve. Good times.

Dinner
The PPK's Red Lentil Dhal with added carrots and potatoes plus a piece of naan on the side.

>> I'm not really stocked with foods for people who can't chew or fit things larger than 1/2'' in their mouths.

:( What about something like applesauce? I know it's not ideal, but a few years ago when I got hit by a bike courier and lost some front teeth, I had major jaw problems and also couldn't open my mouth more than a centimetre or so. I subsisted on baby food and soup through a straw for almost 6 months.

I don't really like applesauce unless it's super chunky. I guess I just like to chew. Which, thankfully, I seem to be able to do again. At least more than I could. Things are getting a bit less stiff and painful every day, so hopefully soon I'll be back to eating normal stuff.

Your situation sounds like it was horrible! Now I feel bad complaining about my own. Wow.

Post a Comment