« Home | Tuesday Menu 3/14 and What I Do At School » | Cat Drama » | Navel-Gazing Both Literal and Figurative » | Sunday Menu 3/12 - Spaghetti with Leeks » | Saturday Menu 3/11 - Corn Chowder » | Friday Menu 3/10 » | Thursday Menu 3/9 and Providence Photos » | Back From The Dead (now with strawberries!) » | Thursday Menu 3/2 - Pumpkin Raisin Muffins » | Wednesday Menu 3/1 - Black Beans & Rice »

Wednesday Menu 3/15 - Pizza Fries and Chocolate-Orange Muffins

Breakfast
Raisin Bran with soymilk. Damn cereal for being so convenient! (270)

Snack
1 Tbsp chunky peanut butter. Because straight jar to mouth transfer is the most effective way to get your daily dose of peanut butter goodness. (95)

Lunch
Pizza fries! I made some oven fries, melted some soy mozzarella on top and finished them off with some tomato sauce. Yum. (370)


Snack
2 fudge-mint cookies. (170)
1 Tbsp chocolate chips. (70)
Baby carrots. (35)

Dinner
The last of the VwaV corn chowder. (230)

Snack
1 fudge-mint cookie. (85)
A chocolate-orange muffin. Double yum. (247)


Total Calories: 1,572

Too many cookies today. Evil. The muffins were heavily adapted from a non-vegan recipe I found online - I'll post the recipe tomorrow. I also made a bath of falafel, all of which went into the freezer. I'll be taking some for lunch tomorrow. I'm way too excited about it.

I *love* the straight-jar-to-mouth-transfer method. I do it every day! I love peanut butter and I don't need to be coaxed into eating it with a cracker or bread. Straight off the spoon, baby!

Peanut butter lovers unite! Seriously, some chunk PB straight from the jar... mmmm. Who needs jelly anyway?

Me too, but sometimes I add chocolate chips when the craving hits. And when I feel like being healthy, I eat PB on celery (natural, sugar free PB of course.)

Oh man, PB + chocolate chips is awesome. I don't like celery, so I put it on apples instead. :) Unfortunately I have to admit that I prefer the hydrogenated crap PB to the natural stuff.

The muffin looks so freaking moist. I look forward to the recipe, orange.chocolate chip sounds like it could be a muffin I'd like.

They are fairly moist... I was a little worried about that, so I'm pleased with them. This was my first time really changing a baking recipe - it was freaking scary.

I want to try these, at least in a half batch. Adapting is indeed a nerve-wracking experience..just when you think YES this will work..it doesn't..I have a blueberry muffin recipe I adapted that works every other time..I go through phases where I adapt all the time and then use vegan all the time.

I want to try these, at least in a half batch. Adapting is indeed a nerve-wracking experience..just when you think YES this will work..it doesn't..I have a blueberry muffin recipe I adapted that works every other time..I go through phases where I adapt all the time and then use vegan all the time.

Yeah, adapting stuff freaks me out because I don't want to waste food if it the recipe goes bad. These came out well, though next time I'll add a smidge more applesauce or soymilk or something to make them a bit more moist.

Post a Comment